Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Art Class- Henry Matisse (And an Autumn Project For You To Do)











We skipped art class for the past few weeks. This weekend we studied Henry Matisse. I even found a cute book from the library with works from Matisse in it. He was a painter but got ill in his later life and started to "draw with scissors" in bed. The featured piece is called The Sorrows of the King. We got to do a collage piece with musical instruments. The first one is Hope's and the second is mine. I am enjoying this art class as much as the kids!





























This is a banner that Hope and I made 4 years ago. It says Give Thanks and is made from construction paper, raffia and bits o' nature. The last two pics are close ups of a few letters. Some were glued on and some were sewed on. This is a great project to do on (or before) Thanksgiving. Take a little nature walk with lunch sacks for the kids. Have them gather bits o' nature to use for making the banner. I have loosely stored this for the past few years and it's done amazingly well. Hope you enjoy it if you choose to make one!
~Rose

2 comments:

McNeill Family said...

I love it!!! We have plenty of Nature to choose from too!

Anonymous said...

I am loving see what your kids are doing in MFW, etc. I am so excited to get started....ds won't be 5 until June, but I think I want to order the books, etc. in January, so we can 'slowly' get started. He is racing through all the little preschool-type books I have for him (his own leading, not mine). So, I think he likes this idea of school, but more specifically, learning.

What do you think? WOuld that be too early?

I am going to message you back, btw! It has been a crazy-busy week. I have a message started, just need to 'hit send':)~Jada