Sunday, October 21, 2007

1st Snow!

We have never (in our last 4 winters) had snow this early. Usually we see the white stuff around Halloween for the first time. We were pleasantly surprised to see this beautiful sight this morning:
I took Hope and Owen out this afternoon to get some winter gear. They both needed boots and Owen needed a coat. We got a really nice coat on sale for $19.99 and found wonderful boots for Hope (also on sale), but no boots in Owen's size. We'll go to another Target later this week. The winter boots they make for kids the past few years are great...with velcro straps, they can put them on without any help! Emma was super excited about her hand-me-down Sponge Bob boots (thank You Lord!) and is using Owen's Gap coat from last year. It's the nicest coat in the house...thanks to Heather who snagged it at a Gap sale! We just LOVE winter around here and are ready for more snow!
~Rose

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, girl. I wish I loved winter. It would make life so much easier for me. As it stands, I have to fight for joy and contentment in the gray, cold, short, dark days of winter. But if I had the Rockies out my window, I think that would help! It's been in the 70's, no humidity, and the leaves are sooooo beautiful here. I just live in Indiana, for Pete's sake, and I am blown away by the beauty God put EVERYWHERE! Wow! I see the picture of your adorable daughter in the beautiful snow and I think that's beautiful too. I think what gets to me is how long winter is. Sigh. BUT God made it! I'm babbling now, sorry. Thanks for sharing this cool picture.

beckwanda said...

well we have no snow here. but the wind sure is blowing. it sounds like a storm- it's blowing and howling.
but i LOVE the wind! even though it sounds spooky.
can't wait to see more pics of fun in the snow!
-b

McNeill Family said...

Crazy! This is going to make an interesting world series!!!!! Sorry but we are HUGE Red Sox fans-especially Jordan. We call him Little Poppie!

Alison said...

Looks like your family got more snow than ours. Good job on finding the deals and passing down the old coats! We are still learning how to properly gear up! Your daughter looks like she is having a blast. It is very early for snow...hopefully this won't be a crazy winter!
Alison

p.s. just read the above comment...we are Red Sox fans too. Our son is named Boston, so we have to stay loyal!

ALL GONE said...

Um how is it that one blog is in shorts and flip flops and then next is bundled in snow? Al Gore MUST b right. ;( HA

Unknown said...

Courtney was so excited about the snow too! She called us right away when she woke up to tell us. I'm totally jealous... And I'm glad that you are still getting use out of that little red coat :)

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

I'm struggling to stifle my jealousy as the weather report this week has put our average temps in the mid to uppper NINETIES for crying out loud. :) I'm so glad you guys are getting some REAL nice weather, even if it is early. I'd rather have snow in October than a heat wave!! ;)