Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Devotions, Corn Bread and Simple Play

We are using this book for morning (some days it's noon time) devotions. We enjoy the simple conversation like passages and discussion questions. I choose a song on I tunes to play after. They love to sing and dance and even Levi joins in.
Don't you just LOVE corn bread in Autumn? I made chili last week and corn bread from a mix. It just has to be sweet in my opinion and this batch was delish!
My girl loves corn bread too!
I post about Hope's school and realized I haven't posted much about the other kiddos. They love to have free play time and usually play very well together. Last week Owen found and caught a spider in the backyard. Here Owen and Emma are looking for another spider in the leaves.
Thanks Grandma Jan for the bug boxes. We are using them! It's hard to see, but our pet spider is in here. Owen caught a fly at my mom's house and brought it home (alive) to feed to our spider. She liked the fly and we discovered an egg sac in the box yesterday. We are on the constant look out for live food for her. I hope we get to see the baby spiders!
A funny sight to me...all four playing together and stuffed into a tight spot! I get a lot of joy in listening and observing their free play. They are quite creative and play "movies" or "games" where they have certain roles. They "pause" the game or movie to use the bathroom or get a snack.
~Rose

4 comments:

beckwanda said...

johnny needs some siblings pronto!

McNeill Family said...

The food chain is in full force out here in Texas. Until I moved here I had never really made those connections. Bugs etc literally will be crazy for a period of time and then the next one on the food chain takes over! Joshua went into the garage the other morning and watched a spider run across the ground and its thousands of babies follow! Crazy! I like the idea of nurturing and being involved in the process rather than simply squashing them. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Very cute pics! Can't wait to see those cuties in a couple of weeks!!
Love,
Grandma Jan

Unknown said...

You are such a fun, creative mom! Your children are truly blessed. I have baseball on TV and the announcer was just talking about the Denver snowfall today and how your team is going to the world series.