Wednesday, October 17, 2007

One Of My Favorite Things

So this silver pitcher was given to me by my mom's mom- Ninalee Wilkinson. It is one of my favorite things because it reminds me of her every day. She passed away from a stroke when Hope (now almost 7) was 11 months old. She was a HUGE spiritual influence in my life and had such a peaceful love of her Savior that you could almost see it. She was a prayer warrior, encourager and a very smart and practical woman. She was the grandma who re-used zip lock bags and hand made gifts for everyone at Christmas. She wasn't perfect, but showed amazing Proverbs 31 qualities. She totally had a meek and quiet spirit that was very precious in the eyes of God. I am thankful for the heritage I have in her. She taught me to play Mahjong, all sorts of card games, to sew, knit, crochet, bake, cook, and make gifts. She always had ice cream in the fridge and whenever I stayed over I had a big bowl after lunch AND dinner. Mint Chip was a staple and maybe it's because of her that Mint Chip is my favorite flavor.

Now it's your turn. If you have a blog then take a pic of one of your favorite things and explain why it's so special. Leave me a comment so I can check it out! If you don't have a blog (think about starting one...they are so easy) just post a comment and tell me what one of your favorite things is and why. Thanks for playing along!
~Rose

7 comments:

ALL GONE said...

That is so ironic, I was just thinking about Nina the Loverly recently. You are so much like her in so many ways. I have such great memories of her and am so thankful for the times I have been icorperated into your family.

She was a true gift to the world. You channel her all the time, I love it. She was one of the most beautiful woman!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words my sweet friend.
~Rose

beckwanda said...

first of all, really cool pitcher. secondly, isn't it amazing how having something like that keeps the memory of a person alive. i have a couple of things of my grandmas and i think of them when i see them around the house. the things, not my grandmas. that would be interesting though. btw, my favorite ice cream flavor is mint chip. yummy.

the Phamily said...

what a neat idea rose...i'm looking around the appartment and there are so many things...i will try to take a picture of one of them soon and write something on the blog. we are gone for the weekend so maybe sometime next week. :)
becky

beckwanda said...

i mean i think of the grandmas not the things.

Christy said...

I added a "favorite thing" blog today after much thought. What a fun idea! Check it out! Love your thoughts. I enjoy reading about your life.
Christy

Unknown said...

ooohh! What a good idea. Was this a meme? I want to play. I'll think about it for a little bit.

The tribute to your grandmother was so neat and the picture of the pitcher was wonderful.