Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Cheap Thrills and Not-So-Cheap Costumes


Here are a few more pics from last weekend. God really blessed me with providing friends to come over and fellowship. I don't really like being alone for long periods of time! The kids and I picked up wooden leaves at Hobby Lobby to paint Friday night. My brother came over and we enjoyed fellowship and rented Wild Hogs. With the low expectations we had for the movie, it was rather enjoyable! Here are my darlings painting. The wooden leaves were $1.50 each, so for less than $5 we had a easy fall craft that now adorns our wall. Painting is a FAVORITE thing to do in our house. I included a few close ups of the new costumes as well. Dress up is another favorite in our house so I know we'll get good use out of the costumes.

I was blessed to have Brian and Shannon come over Sat to watch the game with me and we had church after until after midnight. I was encouraged with the fellowship. I skipped Sunday morning...had these great plans for sleeping in...but alas, Owen, Emma and Levi were up VERY early...and I did not have a good attitude about it. My folks came over for lunch and much to my surprise and delight, Mark and Micah offered to make dinner Sunday night. A few more friends came over to watch our Rockies lose...(we were swept by those Red Socks) and my neighbor Nafisa and her daughter joined us for dinner as well. I was so blessed to have people around and enjoy fellowship with them. Now if I could just get time to connect with Desi and hear how his weekend went!
~Rose

3 comments:

McNeill Family said...

Rose- I am like a lost puppy when my hubby is gone so I know how you feel. I try to spend my time very busy and it always happens when we have NO money! You ARE blessed with so many great people in your life! Sounds like you guys are doing GREAT!

beckwanda said...

i wish i could come over on thursday so we could watch SURVIVOR together. that would be fun.
well, hopefully when you are here...
:)

Alison said...

Have fun in Cali...Willy and I are hoping to make a trip soon too. Your kids look awesome in their costumes!