Saturday, October 27, 2007

Another Meme (pronounced to rhyme with theme)

My friend Toni has tagged me for this 4x9 meme. What is a meme you may ask? Here is a great link to find out more.

So, onto my 4x9 meme...

Four Jobs I've Had:
1. At 17 my dad made me get a job. I was content with allowance money and the occasional babysitting job. He picked up an application to Blockbuster Video in Costa Mesa, CA. I worked there for 3 months, joined cross country and oh, what a bummer...I had to quit because I was in a sport for school!
2. After Bible College I worked part time at Oscar's On The Pond which is now called Pat & Oscars in Temecula, CA as a waitress. I was happy to quit that job...hard work! I love their bread sticks and greek salads and whenever we visit Desi's family I have to eat there!
3. At the same time I had #2 job, I worked part time at Family Fitness or 24hour Fitness as it's now called. I was a babysitter. Yeah, I was glad to quit that job too.
4. I have worked at 2 book stores: Springs Of Life at Calvary Chapel Conference Center in Murrieta Hot Springs, CA and the bookstore at Calvary Chapel Murrieta in you guessed it, Murrieta, CA.

Four Movies I'd Watch Over and Over Again:
1. Lord of the Rings
2. White Christmas and other oldie but goodie musicals like the Sound Of Music and Singing in the Rain
3. The Count Of Monte Cristo
4. Christopher Guest Films such as Mighty Wind, Best in Show and Waiting For Guffman
To tell you the truth, I don't really like watching movies again once I've seen them. If I do, I usually read, crochet or blog at the same time.

Four Places I've Lived:
1. Los Angeles, CA (born in Englewood)
2. Huntington Beach, CA (most of my childhood...I love the beach...it's the only thing Denver does not have going for itself...oh, and Trader Joes)
3. Twin Peaks, CA (Bible College in the Mtns of So CA...my first taste of real winter...loved it)
4. Murrieta Hot Springs, CA (Where Desi and I had our first apartment in an area we called "ghetto hawk" because it was a low income area (still nice) and all the housing areas that were being built surrounding us had silly names like "red hawk and silver hawk, ect...")

Four TV Shows I Watch:
1. Survivor
2. The Office
3. Kid Nation
4. Extreme Makeover Home Edition
We do not have cable...rabbit ears provides limited channels, otherwise I would watch tv all day...cooking shows, decorating shows, real estate shows, nature shows, TLC, ect...

Four Places I've Been:
1. Bermuda (thanks to my parents)
2. Kauaii (thanks again to my parents)
3. Mt Rushmore (thanks to Tim Bergon)
4. Victoria, Canada (thanks to my parents and Desi-been there twice)
I'd like to take this moment to give a shout out to my parents for all the wonderful camping trips they took Jason and I on as kiddos. From Mexico (3 times), to Yosemite, to Yellowstone, to Sequoia and many others, THANK YOU! I have such fond memories from all those trips.

Four Websites I Visit Daily:
1. Yahoo Mail
2. Google Reader (to keep up on my wonderful blogging buddies)
3. My Father's World Message Board
4. My own blog to read the devotional and see if people have commented...some comments are emailed to me and others are not...weird.

Four Of My Favorite Foods:
1. Seafood
2. Good Pizza
3. Good Chinese
4. Panini Turkey Sandwiches with Avacado

Four Places I'd Rather Be Right Now:
1. Reading or sleeping in the sun on a quiet, clean beach.
2. Out to coffee and lunch with a good friend.
3. On a date with my man.
4. Reading or watching a movie with my man in front of a roaring fire.

Four Blogger's I've Tagged:
Well, if you are reading this, you are tagged, but to make it official, I'll tag a few...
1. Becky in Plavanland
2. Dori
3. Josh or Lori
4. One of the Phams

~Rose

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I found all of these interesting, but I just have to tell you that I LOVE Best in Show and Count of Monte Christo!

Anonymous said...

Ghetto Hawk! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Rose, you're cracking me up tonight!
Blessings,
~Toni~

the Phamily said...

Ahhh...the old 'hood'. Great memories! these meme's are cool ways of finding out those little tid-bits about each other! i finished mine...took awhile, but got through it!
becks

beckwanda said...

oh you know i love those!
ok, i consider myself tagged. apparantly you weren't specific as to which of the phams though, so dariah- you are tagged!
hahahaha!

Christ in the Chaos said...

that's so sad about trader joes:(