Friday, October 12, 2007

Enjoying The Journey

This is a little sign I have above my back/kitchen door. It's such a good reminder for me. I tend to not enjoy the process as much as the finished product. I doubt God really wants me to live like that, but rather to enjoy each moment He gives me breath. To that end, I am joining my husband and we are taking all 4 kiddos up to Estes Park for the weekend. Desi will be teaching 4 sessions at a winter camp for Jr & Sr Highers from Faith Evangelical Free Church in Ft. Collins. I know all you moms out there know...it would be so much easier for me to stay home. But I believe God wants us to go and I want to enjoy it instead of getting stressed. So pray for us! I'll be back in a few days.
~Rose

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love Estes Park! The kids will have such a great time seeing the deer and going on hikes. Too bad your mom's not going with you, Rose. And too bad Grandpa Des isn't there with his Scooby Doo rod to help the kids fish! Hey didn't I teach Hope how to go potty in the woods there? It was so cute when she was done and asked me where to toilet paper was!! I'll always remember those little things. Have a blast!
Love,
Grandma Jan

beckwanda said...

Oh have so much fun!
I will be praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of enjoying the journey. Let me know if you find out how to do that! I really like the finished product also so I can check it off my list and finish all the other things that need to be done. I know it has to do with remembering the Lord, His goodness, His purpose, and whatever's pure, lovely, and of good report...dwell on those things. Just hard to do when you're ADHD and a perfectionist!
Love,
Grandma Jan

Anonymous said...

Actually, Rose, the Lord just impressed upon me that He is using you and your wonderful talents as a journalist and photographer for me to enjoy the journey with my grandkids. I feel like I'm right there when you blog. Thank you, my darling Rose, for using your inspired gifts to bless me and so many others. We are all so blessed that God has put you in our lives.
Love,
Grandma Jan

the Phamily said...

hi rose, have fun! the kids and go with davey anytime we can when he does retreats and it is always great...once we get there :) getting there is sometimes a challenge, but what a blessing when you are there supporting your husband in that way!
i'll be praying for you!
becky

Anonymous said...

Yep, this mom knows. Praying all goes smoothly and that you are blessed (or others are blessed through you) by this time spent away.
Blessings,
~Toni~

McNeill Family said...

How was your retreat?