Saturday, May 05, 2007

Breckenridge


We just got back today from a few days in Breck. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt for free through a connection to this guy who wants to provide nice vacations for pastors and missionaries. I had hoped for warm sunny weather, but alas, we had a lot of cold snowy weather! Oh well! We had a great time and I thought I'd have internet, but it wasn't free, so I am catching up on my favorite bloggers :) Here's one pic from our trip and I'll post more later.
~Rose
P.S. We're enjoying a nice spring thunderstorm right now! Yippeeee!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ask you, how is this fair? I want to go too. Great picture and I'm glad it was a complimentary trip. Those are the BEST!
Blessings,
~Toni~

annie said...

Oh, Rose, sunny and warm is SO overrated. (coming from someone living 5 minutes from the beach. I guess I need a few weeks of snow to make me appreciate it more.) Anyways, it's really beautiful there! Glad you had a nice and FREE get away with family.

McNeill Family said...

Rose, the best part is that you can't take California out of our blood.....love the flip flops...they are a dead give away!

Starrs In Denver said...

LOL Denise! Yeah, I'd wear flip flops all year long if I could! But that snow is really cold on bare feet :) I had to look at the pic again...yeah, 3 of my kiddos have flip flops on too...funny how kiddos are so much like their parents!

Annie-perhaps we should do a house swap for a week next spring! You could have some nice spring snow and we could enjoy the beach...too bad we cannot control the weather :)
~Rose

Brad said...

Are those Crocs Desi's wearing? Such a trend follower...

Starrs In Denver said...

bradley,
yes, those are crocs. crocs are produced here in colorado and i've had this pair since before you had heard of them...so the trend follower comment was really right on the money. good job bradley.
desi

Danny Hotea said...

Is that a backdrop or the real thing?

Starrs In Denver said...

Yeah, it's the real deal. Colorado is one of the most beautiful places to live!
~Rose
p.s. and Breck is one of the closer resorts to Denver (less travel time with little ones) :)