Saturday, May 19, 2007

PESKY

About a week & a half ago I had the kids all day and took them to the park and brought dinner home for them. We had a great time and I sent Owen & Emma up to get their jammies on for bed. Well, they were too quiet, but I was feeding Levi so as soon as I was done I went up to check on them and this is what I found!


I thank God, because I didn't lose it or scream or yell at all! I stay remarkably calm and had them help me clean it all up. I told them they would help me buy new soap and shampoo and that this was wrong and if it happend again they would be in BIG trouble if you know what I mean! Emma and Owen feed off of each other and get into these reallly goofy moods where I have to keep a close watch on them or I just know they'll do things like that again. At least I know the signs to look for!
~Rose

P.S. Pray for me...Friday and Saturday I had a couple relationship experiences that turned out to be shocking, hurtful and depressing. I don't want to stay hurt, but love despite my feelings. I want to seek to take every thought captive and focus on Jesus and His will for me. Thank you my friends!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but your children come by this naturally! Ask their father about the time the mama came home from the store to find something that looked like that--but all over the couch. And they were old enough to stay by themselves for awhile. Well, maybe old enough but definitely not mature enough. You may find creations like this for some time to come. Good for you for documenting it -- it'll make for great stories later.

Love,
Grandma Jan

melissa said...

okay, is it bad of me that my first reaction when I saw the pictures was to start laughing? Only because I've been there! I'm impressed you thought to photo the naughtiness before it was cleaned up! I'm glad you were able to stay calm and I'm glad that the kitty litter box did not somehow become part of the experiment!

Starrs In Denver said...

Oh my, that is so funny Melissa! There is ALWAYS a sliver lining isn't there? Oh yeah, if they had gotten into the litter I doubt I would have stayed calm! ;) Tonight Owen and Emma put Hope's little puzzle pieces in their play doh....ugggg...now we get to scrape off sticky play doh from about 20 little pieces! It is funny when you stop to appreciate the sheer "kid-ness" of it!
~Rose

McNeill Family said...

That is such a great victory and praise that you responded this way!!!! It feels good huh! Funny Owen was is the nidst again, I don't even know this BOY but BOY is written all over these activities! This is why God created woman. The BOYS could not survive without us cleaning up after them. Big broad statement but so true in my life!
Oh, I will pray for you!

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

I am SO jealous and let me tell you why- I have ALWAYS wanted to squeeze all the toothpaste out of the tube. Shaving cream/gel has got to be WAY more fun 'cause it turns a little foamy just after it comes out.
My hearty congrats and firm pat on on the back for keeping your perspective. I know that is a challenge sometimes and I celebrate your victory.
Sorry to hear about your "hurts"; I pray they heal quickly!