Thursday, May 10, 2007

I'm It!

I’ve been tagged by Toni (a fellow MFW user and blogging sister).
I’ll write 10 facts and/or habits about me.
- I’ll tag 10 people.
- If you’ve been tagged, you do your own list and tag 10 more people. (”No tag backs.”)

1. My husband proposed to me in a rabbit suit. His reasoning: “No one can resist a cute bunny rabbit!” I said yes (of course)! Just celebrated out 8 year anniversary on May 1st. For all you singles out there…don’t pick the 1st for your wedding day…it creeps up and surprises you every year!

2. As a child my first pet was a fish. Finally dad allowed me to get a hamster! Oh joy! Well, I came into my room one day to find foot powder sprinkled all over the cage and poor Wiskers was dead. My little brother apparently thought Wiskers would like all that powder! We buried him in the backyard.

3. Every summer I would spend a glorious week alone at my mom’s parent’s house. The best part was cooking with Grandma Nina, staying up late watching Laurel & Hardy or John Wayne or old classics with Grandpa Dave, playing with Grandpa’s train sets, swimming and having ice cream (x-large servings) after lunch and dinner every day!

4. My dad took our family camping in Baja California Mexico three different Easter weeks while I was growing up. It’s a long two day drive from So California where we lived. We stayed at Playa De Requeson (that is totally not spelled right) where we camped in tents on the sand right next to this beautiful, clear, shallow and warm bay. One year on the way back (in our 15 passenger Ford van towing a 15 ft sailboat) dad thought he had a tick in his leg and swerved off the road while trying to get it off his leg. Poor mom almost had a heart attack! On that same trip we got stuck in a traffic circle in Tijuana and must have gone around 6 or 7 times before we got out!

5. My boys were born super fast and natural (wow that really does HURT like HELL) and the girls took forever so I got epidurals with them (easy and pain free).

6. I am a neat freak and love everything to be in it’s place, but have had to give up on that in order to pay attention to my husband and children (not to mention home educating Hope). I do have a Rose Jr. in training though and soon enough we’ll get this house back in ship shape condition! Mind you, I do cook, do dishes and laundry and clean the bathrooms and floors when necessary! Two jobs I detest: cleaning the bathtub and mopping.

7. My ideal afternoon would be poolside with iced tea, a good book and someone to look after the kiddos in the pool!

8. I have recently become addicted to riding our Vespa scooter. There is an amazing sense of peacefulness and refreshment that comes from riding around the city on it. Perhaps it’s the alone time with no music or cell phone? I noticed today how GREEN it is around here! I love the changing seasons!

9. My parents were going to name me Sarah until my cousin was born (six months older than me) and named Sarah. Rosemary is the name of a great aunt of my father’s. My middle name is my mother’s first name: Kathleen. I love my names.

10. I have 5 grandparents (3 still living), 14 aunts & uncles (13 still living), 13 cousins (not counting spouses, and 10 2nd cousins. They live in California, Oregon, Washington, New Mexico, Missouri, and Australia (as far as I know). My mom’s mom- Nina Lee Wilkinson died when Hope was 10 months old and is my spiritual hero. She made the most impact on my life because of her faithfulness to her husband, family and the people God put in her life. She was constantly in prayer and encouraging everyone around her. She took things in stride, was a wonderful cook, beautiful pianist, hand made clothes and gifts, really fun to play cards with, took time to listen and kept her lipstick and cash in her bra! Go grandma!

Now I’m it! I tag…
Morton Family
McNeill Family
Gossard Girls
Kylander Family
Heather
The Phamily
Tim Bergon
Annie
Ryan
Micah

Now, I know I tagged a few guys…prove those doubters wrong and give me a few little tid bits about yourselves!
~Rose

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Rose, that's a GREAT list. Your dh is a riot. The bunny suit cracked me up.

And my Cierah's middle name is Rose for no other reason than I LIKE IT.

Poor hamster. It reminded me of when I was a girl. I went outside to my rabbit's hutch to feed her and found the, um, aftermath of a stray dog having invaded her cage. Oh, the trauma! :(
Blessings,
~Toni~

melissa said...

awww man! I blogged like crazy yesterday so it may be a while until I get this done. Plus I have to somehow top the most memorable information you gave which is desi in his rabbit costume...too much! How do you handle him? Speaking of which, I mean to one day post some great pics of you guys from ccbc some time soon.
Thanks for your nice comments about the blog...it exuding(sp?) peacefulness is the best compliment someone could give me. Simplicity and Peace are two of my greatest goals in life...if only my children felt the same way! :)

melissa said...

also, the whole neat feak thing, I am one as well and though it may seem like I am still over the top, it is nothing compared to before kids...I now actually wait to dust until the dust is actually visible and scrub the shower when it is actually scummy. If we were close I would mop and clean your shower while you made me dinner :)

kolorado said...

okay Rose I've been blogging all morning, postponing the cleaning for my mother in law. check it out. Have a good weekend!
Lori

McNeill Family said...

Wow! OK, I am not nearly as interesting as you are! Very fun idea though!!! I will post this in a couple of days, I have a friend coming in for a few days. Do I even know 10 other bloggers? My blog world is very small.

onHISturf - dvp said...

ok rose, i think i might be the first GUY to post the list of 10. read 'em and weep bros!
david

ALL GONE said...

Hmmmm I learned 2 things I did not know. The story about the pets. And Sarah. Yes, you are not a sarah. But then again, I decided that you are not a "Rosie" too. I will always have to take credit for that that...and rub it in when I can. Because, I am so proud that you now introduce yourself AS Rose. CHA CHA CHA