Monday, April 02, 2007

House 2 House Regional Conference

Well, here I am again staying up late blogging! I just got back from our neighbor's house. Barb went into labor tonight. They needed me to stay at the house till Barb's sister got there (they have a 2 yr old daughter). Hopefully we'll have a new little neighbor to meet soon! Babies are so exciting!

Here are some (a lot) of pics from our little trip to Buena Vista this past weekend at the beautiful Trail West Young Life facility. House 2 House put on the conference which was great! Desi and I had to tag team since there was no program for preschoolers. I got to go to two sessions and Desi went to the rest and shared about diversity in one of the sessions. There were about 45 adults and we broke up into groups for discussion after hearing someone share briefly on different subjects.
The view on the drive Friday afternoon. We felt like we were in Fargo or something!















































The kids did well on the 2.5 hour drive. Emma and Owen were just plain silly and laughed a ton. The views were STUNNING. There is so much land here in CO. God's handiwork is truly awe inspiring. I am not surprised that Colorado was the inspiration for Katharine Lee Bates who wrote America The Beautiful. Upon arrival in Buena Vista a huge heard of Elk which are huge by the way!
Another Fargo picture.

Some deer...always exciting for the kiddos...

The balcony off our room...with an amazing view.




































Hope made a friend very quickly and spent all her free time with her. She lives in Aurora, so hopefully we'll get together with them soon.
We took a walk Saturday afternoon. Thank goodness it warmed up...in my absent mindedness, I forgot to pack coats!



We had a great time and I'll blog later on some things God has been showing me the past few days.



~Rose

No comments: