Saturday, April 07, 2007

Getting to know people takes time...

I went to see our neighbor's new baby today. Boy is he a cutie pie. Little Benjamin is only 4 days old and 6 pounds something. It was nice to chat with Rich and Barb and I even got to hold the baby! My other neighbor, Nafisa stopped by to give me about 15 tomatoes...she just had extra. We chatted a bit. I really like her and we see each other a few times a week. I was out with Emma running some errands and saw Aunt Debi in the Safeway parking lot. She said she might need to stop by and see if we had something to eat...the fat ladies at the place she lives take all the food she tells me! She and her man stopped by a few hours later and wanted to sell me a noisy musical bunny. I didn't have any cash (didn't really want that bunny anyway :), but made her a few turkey sandwiches to go with some bananas and pumpkin bread. Yesterday our next door neighbor's daughter Devin stopped by to give us a gift cert to Children's Place where she works (a thank you for using our dryer once when hers broke).
All this to say, I LOVE our neighborhood and neighbors. It seems to really take time to get to know people these days. Maybe it's just that you have to take the time to reach out and step out your door, but it's so worth it. I feel like I have family all around us and if Desi were gone and I needed something, I'd have a ton of people I could call. What a blessing. God is so good to give us this thing called friendship and community.
Speaking of friendship...Micah was over and snapped a few pics of Levi.
Here are my two fav's...


~Rose

1 comment:

McNeill Family said...

Hmmmm, I love your neighbor stories. I know that I am longing for that community of friendships again. This past weekend I saw a glimpse of it with our activities and it felt good. God is so good and those relationships are so right. You glorify God in your daily activities and live with purpose what a blessing!!!!