Sunday, April 29, 2007

Art and our Cat

So, I've been working on my weekly schedule and last week implemented it (mornings only). One of the things I wanted to make sure I did with the kids for homeschool was art & music. We either dance to different types of music or do art and listen to classical music. This week we made butterflies out of coffee filters, clothes pins and pipe cleaners. We got out the water color paints and as soon as the kids were set up, Bedhead jumped on the table and settled down right in the middle of everything.

Owen's creations...he hung them on the mailbox.

Emma's little beauties...

~Rose
p.s. the schedule is going well...it really helped me realize (I wrote it down) what I want to accomplish each day. I have re-arranged a bit, and have yet to make it through the whole day (we're easing in) but this week I got done a LOT more than usual :) One big change for me: I switched to laundry M-F (one to two loads a day) instead of all 8 (or so) loads in one day...why didn't I switch sooner?!

2 comments:

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

I read your post and seriously could not imagine anything better than watercoloring and listening to classical music (maybe add a cup of hot chocolate and some rain outside). What a blessing for your kids to have some of that kind of fun every day. I want a pic of you guys dancing. ;)
Glad the schedule is working out so well & you're getting heaps done- that must feel SO good!!

McNeill Family said...

That is very wise! The L word! I have no comment.