Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Super Sledding Saturday



Last Saturday we were invited to my parent's house for lunch. Honestly I didn't really want to go since I still had so much to do, but looking back I am so glad we did. I think we all needed to get out and enjoy time away from home. I thought we could try sledding if it was warm enough. The sun was shining so we geared up to go out before lunch. Levi got a present early: a little sled thing with a seat and seat belt. The kids took turns pulling it and if for that day alone, it was worth the price! Desi and mom worked on setting up a berm to start off from and away the kids went. I love our "boogie board" type of sled. It's flexible and light weight. I think we may need another one...it's hard to wait your turn when 6 people are sledding. We all went down, even Grandma and Desi and I. What fun! I love being outdoors when the ground is covered in snow. It's magical. I feel God's love when I am in His beautiful creation.
~Rose

The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found? ~J.B. Priestley

Weather is a great metaphor for life - sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and there's nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella. ~Pepper Giardino

There's one good thing about snow, it makes your lawn look as nice as your neighbor's. ~Clyde Moore


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures and the metaphors, but the last quote was one of the neatest things I've ever seen!

melissa said...

that is the same conclusion I came to last week...I had a lot ot do but went outside and it was wonderful..I enjoyed God's beautiful creation and was overwhelmed with praise and thankfulness...you never regret going outdoors.