Friday, December 28, 2007

Our Little Artist

Our friend Andy (one of Micah's room mates) brought some gifts over for the kids and Desi and I before Christmas. Hope's was an artist's easel set complete with canvas and paints. Hope got right to work the next morning and I snapped a few shots. This was my favorite. Notice the tongue. It moves around while she's really concentrating. I love it! Thanks for the gifts Andy :)We loved the show last night. It wasn't Bing Crosby (I LOVE Bing), but the actors were wonderful and Hope and I really enjoyed our time together. After the show we all went to eat at the Denver Diner open 7 days/24 hours. Hope asked me "What is a diner?" I had a hard time answering her..."Well, they are open all the time, they always have coffee, pie, burgers, fries and breakfast food."

While we were eating the waitress brought over a chocolate milk for one gal at our table. She said it was from the gentleman over at such and such a table. We all looked over, he smiled, made a friendly motion with his hands and was off. It was so surreal. When does that ever happen, except for in movies? A perfect stranger buying another person some treat without expecting anything in return!

And one more pic...my total favorite Christmas pic of Levi.
Man, he is really cute!
~Rose

5 comments:

McNeill Family said...

What a sweet time with your daughter! I bet you enjoyed the one-on-one time.

Alison said...

Those are great pictures of Hope and Levi. I hope you had fun on your night out with Hope. How cool to get a secret chocolate milk too!

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

Mmmm. Who doesn't love Bing? He's got the dreamiest voice. That's the best word for it- "dreamiest".
That is cool about the chocolate milk thing... once, when Paul and I were just married, we were eating at a really "fancy" restaraunt in Nor Cal. When we went to pay the bill, the waitress told us that another couple had paid it already and we were stunned- it was probably around $50 or something ridiculous (I think it was Valentines or a birthday or something). We had prayed before our meal and as I recall spent the entire time talking about Lord of the Rings and God (at seperate times ;). We figure the couple were either Christians and blessed by our apparent loudness or the biggest LOTR fans ever. Crazy, huh?

Toni said...

Gosh, I love the paints photo. That is sooo sweet. And I'm thinking how much joy that stranger must have received in watching your family from afar, to have been moved to treat like that. We can sometimes be so unaware of how we're impacting others, both good and bad. How beautiful that you had a VERY GOOD impact on that man.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Anonymous said...

Man I have cute grandbabies!!! I am one proud grandma! Thanks for the beautiful pics.

Love,
Grandma Jan