Saturday, December 01, 2007

Deck The Halls

The kids have been dying to get the Christmas tree out. After unpacking (all the suitcases except for the hand-me-down clothes), we gathered up the fall decorations and boxed them up. My brother came over and while Desi was gone studying we put up the tree and decorated it. The kids loved seeing which ornaments had their names on them (I buy or make a new ornament for each kid every year and write their name and the year on them). Little Levi got in on the action as well. We had to put all the breakable ornaments at least 2.5 feet up and higher. I told the 3 olders that their job is to find ornaments that Levi takes off the tree and put them back on. They were so bugged that he kept "messing up" the tree.

Here is my favorite snap shot from yesterday: look at all those toes!Before:After:
Oh to have the sheer joy these kids had in decorating the tree. May God grant each of us His peace and joy in this season.
~Rose

5 comments:

McNeill Family said...

Home Sweet Home!!!!

McNeill Family said...

My comment just went away!!!!! I am so anxious to decorate! I love looking at the ornaments from years past or from special people! I always have a pile I commit to fix and never do.....this year I WILL!!!! Your tree looks beautiful and you are so stinkin' organized.

randi said...

Your kids look so happy with their new tree! Adorable!

Robin said...

What a bunch of cute kids! You did a great job on the tree. Desi did a great job at church today too. Thanks for sharing him with us. Have a great week!

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

I LOVE decorating for Christmas- it took me longer this year than in years past, but I get everything out the weekend after Thanksgiving so I can enjoy it as long as possible... and Aidan and Levi are on the same page about pulling ornaments off. Why keep the cool new toys on a tree anyway?!