Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snowballs and Uno


This shot cracks me up...it's so hard to get all four kiddos in one shot, and i just love this moment that I happened to capture.
And Levi in the Tigger costume- too cute!
Hope made snowballs for everyone with our snowball maker. I know, a snowball maker...we got it on clearance at the end of the season and it's great!
Yep, they eat their snowballs. I explained how dirty the snow really is.
They don't care. Gross.

My Christmas card helper. Seven year olds are great!
My dinner helper. Counter tops are great!
Our new favorite past time. UNO. We LOVE this game...especially Owen. All five of us play and I am amazed to see Owen and Emma learning their numbers as a result. We play Sponge Bob Uno where there is a wild card that when played the person with the least amount of cards has to pick one from the deck and one from the players to the right and left of them. Very exciting. The kids are learning the joy of playing games and are learning that you can lose a game and still have fun. Good lessons for little people!
I just finished my Christmas shopping last night! What a great feeling. I have 7 packages to mail and still have a bunch of cards to mail as well, but we still have over a week. We made peppermint bark to give to our neighbors...hopefully this afternoon. The sun is out and Denver is defrosting, which is nice. I am hoping for a White Christmas though.

As far as exercising goes, I LOVE water aerobics! I was so sore for two days from Friday's workout. I am usually getting two 30 minute stationary bike workouts in every week as well, but would like to up that. I am finding that it is difficult to start out on the bike, but once I get over that "hump" I really can enjoy the workout and all that sweat! I am amazed at how getting moving is helping me to get up earlier. I love to sleep. Always have, always will. I had been wanting to get up earlier though to have some quiet morning time to read and pray. For awhile I was not exercising and just doing my morning time but it was so hard. Now it is so much easier. I did not expect that at all. Thanks for all the encouragement from you my friends!

Happy Sunday to you. May you find time to connect with your Creator and enjoy some peace, joy and love of family or friends. Find your Uno deck and grab some kids for some fun!

~Rose

4 comments:

Robin said...

How Fun! And to think..yesterday,we drove over an hour and paid money to play in snow like that! Kenny would have loved the snowball maker. He made over 50 of them with his hands. I used the RockYou site for a slideshow of the pictures we took. Really fun. I love this blogging thing! Your kiddos are so cute. Don't blink, they grow fast! Have a great Sunday!

Alison said...

I love the pictures of your kids in the snow. Levi is especially adorable in the Tigger outfit. Good job on the exercise!

McNeill Family said...

Your pictures are so fun and so bright and colorful!!!! Enjoy your snowy days!!!

melissa said...

I really like that first pic!! priceless moments captured in a photo are my favorite! You go girl with all your shopping done , cmas cards done...AND exercising! I too am in need of some energy and need to start moving more, thanks for motivating me...struggling a bit with the sugar! Why do neighbors keep giving me cookies! AAAHHH!