Tuesday, December 18, 2007

3.8 Million Packages

"By midnight, the metro area expected to take in about 3.8 million packages, the second-heaviest volume, behind Phoenix." -John C. Ensslin for the Rocky Mtn News

Yesterday I skipped school with Hope in order to finish my Christmas cards and get my packages to be mailed all ready to go. Desi agreed to take them to the post office for me so I could get dinner ready. He went to our BIG downtown post office and I told him, hopefully you won't be in line for a long time, but be prepared! While he was waiting, a reporter from the Rocky Mtn News came in to interview people. He wanted to know where packages were going, what people were sending, ect... He asked Desi if this was late for him to be mailing the boxes. Desi told him, for me no, but since it's my wife, yes it's late for her because she usually has her act together. I searched on line for the article and low and behold, Desi got quoted in it! Here's the link.

Now I'm off to mail the last three to my grandparents and Desi's parent's house. I had ordered something earlier in the month and finally they arrived this morning. They are wrapped and ready to go. I hope they make it on time!
~Rose

2 comments:

Calles Family said...

Great quote, Starr...I'm so glad you are becoming famous...

desistarr said...

calles,
muchas gracias amigo.
i'm praying such fame doesn't give me un cabeza grande.
d.