Thursday, December 13, 2007

One More California Slideshow!



I wanted to post one last slide show of various pics from our CA trip. We loved the Los Alamos Sports Park playground! The shade tent was wonderful and it was fun to meet old and new friends there for lunch. I took the kids back there one day while Desi had a lunch meeting. Owen almost fell asleep in the sand. It was so warm we were all in flip flops and the sand felt so good between our toes :)

For Thanksgiving we were at Desi's parent's house. Jan drove Papa up from Escondido and we were all sad that Grandma Maxine had to miss out since she was in the hospital. We made the most of it though and enjoyed Shannon's wonderful cooking, Costco pies for dessert and pin the hat on the turkey after dinner. Grandpa Des amazed Owen and Emma with his barrel of monkeys skills and Owen got to show Papa his magnetic car. As far as Grandma Maxine goes, she is doing better at home but is still not fully healthy. Thanks for your continued prayers.

On our last Saturday, we got to spend time with our friends the Eberts and that night our friends the Piphers hosted a potluck for us. It was wonderful to see long time friends. We dined on great food and played Cranium and pool. Thanks again Scott and Tracy (and Megan) we had a wonderful time with you guys!

Sunday the kids got to play a little b-ball and we visited with so many wonderful people at Calvary Chapel Murrieta. That night we were treated to the best carne asada tacos at Joe and Rosie's. Somehow I failed to get a pic of their dog (which I wanted to steal). Our kids loved playing there and it was so hard to leave!

The last pic is of Owen and Emma sharing a rocking chair. Amazing. They are touching and smiling at the same time! Precious moments :) Thanks again to our family and friends. We miss you and are blessed to have you in our lives.
~Rose

6 comments:

Toni said...

Continued prayers for Grandma Maxine. Also, I'm such a dork. I clicked on the "view all pictures" link and thought the thumbnail of the flipflops was a coiled snake. As my husband often sings, "La la, la la. La la, la la. Toni's World."
Blessings,
~Toni~

Unknown said...

Michelle -- Thanks for praying!! Our electricity is back on after only off for 3 days. Praise God! I'll blog about it soon. ;)

Unknown said...

You are not Michelle -- I'm sorry ROSE!! Perhaps I'm a bit shell shocked. LOL

melissa said...

This slide show is awesome!! There were so many good pictures that I forgot what my favorites were, I love the one of you and desi! It's rare we bloggers get to see pics of adults and the people behind all the posting :)
Oh..I remembered one that made me laugh...the one with all the kids in the dog crate! :)

Alison said...

Your kiddos are so so cute. it is so nice to wear flip flops in november! I'm glad you had such a fun trip with family and friends. Maybe one day we can meet up out there too!

Unknown said...

Flip-flops in November? I'm a little jealous. We just had to cancel church this morning because of blizzard-like conditions here in Indy. My daughters have been crying for a while. Today was the special "Bringing your gifts to Jesus" service that we have every year and we were all doing at least one special musical gift this morning. I had a short crying time myself (not in front of the kids, of course), but it makes me glad that they love church so much. I liked church when I was a kid, but I sure didn't love it like my kids do. Loved your slide show, BTW! Hey, how are you doing with the exercise?