Monday, November 05, 2007

Holy Smokes! 500 posts!

Yeah, this is my 500th post! I was just going to drop a line to tell ya'll that we had a great weekend up in Dillon, CO with our house church group.

I kind of feel like those big anniversary posts should be special, but this is all I've got ;)

It was such a fun retreat...only one scheduled event...Sunday morning gathering. The rest of the time we ate, sang, prayed, hiked, walked, fellowshipped and just enjoyed each other's company. Levi slept with me (aka: no sleep for momma) and the rest of the kids shared a bedroom with the Kylander kids. It was one big slumber party. I'll post pics soon.

Today I did laundry, science experiments with a pumpkin and the kids, shopped for a few last minute things and just enjoyed being home most of the day. Tonight I had my LTG with S and A. They are such sweet girls and I find a place of peace, love and acceptance with them that is so refreshing in this world. I will truly miss them these next three weeks!

My goal for tomorrow is to check off everything that is on my list and to be packed by tomorrow night. We leave the house at 9:30am Wednesday for 3 weeks in CA!

Micah and Mark (who have moved in) will be taking care of the best cat in the world (Bedhead) and will be watching/taking care of our old girl of a house. We are thankful she won't sit empty for three weeks.
~Rose

"Household tasks are easier and quicker when they are done by somebody else."
James Thorpe

"I must take issue with the term 'a mere child,' for it has been my invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely preferable to that of a mere adult."
Fran Lebowitz
US writer and humorist (1950 - )


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 500 posts! It's been fun reading along.

Have fun in CA :-)

McNeill Family said...

What a mile stone and a fantastic way to chronicle the Starr Family journey!!!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see you all when you come out. Blessings on your trip! Love you all :)

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

Holy smokes is right!! Nice work! I hope you have safe travels out this-away... and I loved the quotes too.

Unknown said...

Love the quote from James Thorpe and glad you found such good sister-friends. That's such a warm, cozy, rare thing.