Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Good Family is Worth It's Weight In Gold!

We are really enjoying our time here. It seems the days go by so quickly though. Yesterday we drove down to Santa Ana to see my long time friend Kameron and old friend/roomie Steph. I still need to download the pics so bear with me :) It was fantastic to see Kameron (who happened to be my BFF in High School and maid of honor in my wedding) and her cutie pie son Aidan. We played at a near by park and then took a snack break in her cute condo. Thanks for your hospitality Kameron. You look fantastic and I'll be praying for a smooth labor and delivery...hopefully sooner rather than later ;)

After saying our good-buys and rounding up our wild and noisy kiddos we headed down MacArthur Blvd to PCH to go to the Corona Tide Pools. Man, we should have brought our suits, it was so warm we could have gone in the ocean. The kids loved the beach and did NOT want to leave. But alas, in Orange County you must beware the traffic on the 91!

Today the family (save Levi and I) went back to Knott's. I am not feeling all that well and wanted to get laundry and snack shopping done before we leave tomorrow for camping (in a motorhome). I think it will be nice to be out there for the next few days and just stay put in one spot. I am not used to all this coming and going (and neither are the kids for that matter). So, I'll be offline till Wed evening :D


Here are a few pics of Desi's family and the kids. They are the best in-laws ever! Grandpa Des-ever sweet and kind. I feel at peace around him.Aunt Shannon in her classroom. She is a fantastic aunt and sister. I only wish we lived closer so we could see her more often.
Grandma Jan, full of wisdom and joy. She brings a positive spirit to our family and is so encouraging and just knows how to have fun with the kids.
Now time for some honesty. I am really struggling with loving Owen on this trip. It's totally my thing and I do not blame him for acting like a child. He is still having bowel issues and it's so darn frusterating to have him continue to whine and cry way more than the girls. He is a really great kid, but I have been having a really hard time with him. It's so hard to admit this, but this is what God is using in my life right now. I do not have health issues, I do not have difficult co-workers, I do not have loss in my life right now. What I have is a boy who needs a lot of love and patience and I am failing at giving it. Please pray for me on this camping trip that I will be able to connect with Owen and find my joy in God in the midst of situations that usually get me angry. I know God wants to help me in this and I am ready to surrender it to Him. Thank you my friends.
~Rose

6 comments:

beckwanda said...

rose,
i will be praying for you. it will be easy for me to remember to pray for you because my four year old who doesn't have any bowel issues (poor owen) has a severe whining problem. the last 2 days have been difficult. i am sure i have more to do with it than he. so there you go. in fact i think both johnny and i will be praying for you & owen. maybe you and owen can pray for johnny & me. sometimes it helps to know we are all in this thing called the christian walk together, even at that age. i hope you have a wonderful and somehow restful time camping.
see ya on the sat. after turkey day. i think the woodards are gonna try to make that...
love ya,
b

the Phamily said...

We will be praying for you too. Zachy is my hard one right now, very 2 (even though he's almost 3)! but like you and becky said, it is me, more than him! so you will definately be in my thoughts and prayers! have fun camping!
by the way, i'm glad to hear that our kids aren't the only ones that are loud and wild! ; )

becks

Toni said...

Oh, Rose. I could have written your post on various days myself. Praying for you, friend. And you have such a lovely extended family. I enjoyed the photos.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Unknown said...

Great pictures. I love "meeting" your wonderful family.
How old is Owen? My oldest son turns 14 Saturday and I have felt like you many times during his life. He has always been more challenging than his younger sisters. I have struggled to "love" him as much as the girls because he has always been harder than them, but God has always been graceful to me about it...and I am comforted with the knowledge He gives me that my feelings of frustration don't change the depth of my devotion to my son. MY emotions of the moment don't change the truth of that, you know? I'll be praying for you!

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

Rose,
We had such a great time seeing you guys; I am SO glad that worked out and I'm really glad you guys had such a good time at the beach. I hope you have a very, very blessed Thanksgiving and you will continue to be in my prayers!!
p.s. I loved meeting your kids (finally!)... they are each so fun and unique and I loved seeing them in action!!

foldreformer said...

Dear Rose, I too could have written what you said, about my Faith, who is almost four. Oh that we could have the patience that the Lord has with us, toward our children. I try to remember in the midst of her "issues" that she is a good and pleasant child in so many other areas, that I too have issues that I hope those I love will have patience with. My thoughts and prayers are with you, you sure have your work cut out for you with 4 kids! How fun! Maybe the Lord will bless me so abundanly :O)
Love, Kellee