Saturday, November 10, 2007

And We Have Sitters!

Whew, we've got sitters for the kids! Desi and I took the kids over to CCM yesterday to see Grandpa Des's office and say hi to a bunch of people. We interrupted Aunt Shannon's class and wouldn't you know it, the gal that was recommended to me for babysitting the boys was in her class! I asked and Erica said yes! Yipee! I am very confident that she'll be fine with the boys. I'll attempt to put Levi down for a nap and then there is always the cell phone, so I can come to the condo if needed. What did we do before cell phones? Those poor babysitters just had to deal with the screaming babies (been there, done that!).

Desi is out with Tim doing last minute errands. They have been friends since they were little boys and it's such a blessing to be a part of Tim's wedding. Lauren is super wonderful and a great fit for Tim. We look forward to a life long friendship with them.

The kids have all had one on one time with Grandma Jan and are loving it. They get to spend the night and be the center of attention. Hope's night is tonight. She gets to go see High Tops the musical at CCM with Aunt Shannon and Grandma Jan. Tomorrow we get to church when 1st ends, go to 2nd service, stay till 3rd starts and then Desi is off with Tim to make sure he eats and is dressed and ready by 1pm. I'll have to leave to take the girls to Erin's house by 1:45 or so. The wedding starts at 2:30. After the wedding, I'll grab the girls and head home. Shannon and her boyfriend will come over so we can get to know Gregg a bit better (which will be nice, since we won't get to see him again this trip-he lives up in Northridge-I think).
~Rose
p.s. one of my bestest friends in the whole world (Dori) sent me a link to a great website full of quotes...as you can tell I am hooked! Hope you enjoy the quotes...otherwise ignore them ;)


There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.
~Martin Luther
(of whom we named our son after: Levi Martin Luther Starr)

Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
~Emily Brontë

Come, let's be a comfortable couple and take care of each other! How glad we shall be, that we have somebody we are fond of always, to talk to and sit with.
~Charles Dickens

Love one another and you will be happy.
It's as simple and as difficult as that.
~Michael Leunig

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like such a great time...for you AND the kids!

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

Hooray for finding sitters- I do hope everything went well with both the kiddos, visiting with Shannon, and of course, Tim and Lauren. The quotes were very appropriate... I might have to come back and visit this post come next Valentine's day!! ;)

beckwanda said...

yeah, that michael leunig guy is on to something...
glad you had fun!
the other quotes don't make any sense to me...
i crack myself up.
anyway, looking forward to hanging out...
love,
b