Monday, September 17, 2007

Like Magic...White Becomes Black

So here it is...our white fridge and the transformation into black. We called a paint store and they said to lightly sand, apply primer and then use oil based paint. It took a few hours and was really pretty easy...just messy (I am thankful for mineral spirits to wash up with).
All for about $40! Waaaaay cheaper than buying a used or new one!




Now all we need to do is apply a layer of poly (still have some left from doing the cork floors), let it sit for a few days and then move that baby back into the kitchen!
~Rose

6 comments:

beckwanda said...

awesome! can't wait to see the finished product in it's natural habitat...

desistarr said...

me too!

melissa said...

HAHA..so happy to see that there are others as crazy as me! That is totally something I would do...I love getting the look I want on the dime I have!

Mark said...

I like the black, but I also like the location. I've really enjoyed having it right there in the living room. No more walking ALL THE WAY to the kitchen. I think the space in the kitchen would be perfect for some book shelves.

- Micah & Mark

McNeill Family said...

That is waaaaaay handy. I never would have thought you could paint a fridge!

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

Yah, I was going to say the same thing as Denise- I never would've thought of painting the fridge (I just recently learned you could make the door open on either side if you move to a new place where one way isn't convenient!). That is SO creative. I seriously think that Martha doesn't have ANYTHING on moms on a budget. You can do anything if you have unlimited resources, but if you don't, well, THAT is where true creativity lies.