Sunday, September 30, 2007

Art Class- Paul Klee

Last week we learned about Paul Klee. He was an accomplished violinist but at a young age decided to pursue art. I love his bright, childlike paintings. When he died at age 60, he left behind 8926 works of art, some of which sell for up to 7.5 million! We looked at The Golden Fish which combined oil paint and watercolors.
The book suggested sketching an underwater scene, coloring it in with oil pastels and then do a wash with dark watercolors.

This week I decided to join in the fun...this is what I drew. It felt good to get creative!
Owen had help with the oil pastels, but did the watercolor himself.
Hope's artwork:
Owen's artwork:
My artwork:
The aftermath! Love those plastic tables!
~Rose

2 comments:

randi said...

We have been doing a lot of painting lately also and my table looks very similar when we are done. I love the idea of "copying" artworks to learn how to paint better.

Unknown said...

What beautiful pictures! You should frame them and hang them in their bedrooms. You said it felt good to be creative, but yours is one of the most creative homeschools I've ever seen. It's like you're ALWAYS creative!