Monday, September 24, 2007

The Finished Breakfast Nook!

Wish I had a good before shot...but here it is...our little breakfast nook! We had our washer and dryer where the table is. That was one of the things I didn't really like about the kitchen when we bought the house. Thanks to Josh, Des, Dale, Desi and others, we were able to move them and create this cozy little spot! I love to sit here in the morning sipping tea or coffee and reading my Bible. I am trying to wake before the kids and have that quiet time first thing since our house is quite noisy during the rest of the day! Some days I make it, and some days I don't. I do think it's a matter of getting to be earlier! We used chalkboard paint for the black rectangle and I have written Hope's memory verse there: John 6:35 Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life, whoever comes to me shall never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst."
~Rose

4 comments:

brent larson said...

love it

McNeill Family said...

What a great space! I love being alone!!! (for a short time--it is more of the silence factor!)

melissa said...

Your house looks so nice Rose! Doesn't it feel good to enjoy completed projects!

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

Looks like a great place to relax in the morning and the chalkboard paint turned out really cool looking!!