Monday, September 24, 2007

Art Class- Pablo Picasso

Last Tuesday we learned a little about Pablo Picasso and took a look at his piece called "Punchinello with a Guitar". I guess Picasso loved the circus and went regularly. This is a painting of a clown with a guitar coming out from the curtains to perform on stage.The book suggested painting a stage and using collage to cut and paste shapes to make a clown.
Hope hard at work...
And her finished product:
Owen did not want to do it, which is fine, so I got to help Emma. This is a cooperative piece!
~Rose

8 comments:

McNeill Family said...

More FABULOUS art work!

Inspiration Station said...

We're doing adventures as well (but at a slower pace) and saw your blog site on the MFW board. I love the art you are doing with your kids. Are you doing the usborne art treasury book instead of I can do all things? or both?
Mindy

beckwanda said...

love the art book. gonna get it. thanks for the tips.
love,
b

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

Aaah, I'm glad they found a Picasso that wasn't too bizarre or creepy- I actually like that one!! :) I like your replicas even better!

amanda said...

I keep meaning to tell you how much I love your art! Your kids are doing a beautiful job, you should be proud! Amanda

Toni said...

Man-o-day, that looks like sooo much fun. In fact, all your projects do. What curriculum do you use? Oh yeah, that's right. Same as mine (toni hangs head low in sluggish shame). GREAT art projects, Rose.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Unknown said...

wow!!! Another GREAT project. I teach 5-6 grade art to my homeschool group on Thursdays and am always looking for things to do that don't require paint. If your kids can get a result that looks this great, it would make a good project for class. Thanks so much for posting it!

Brad said...

Hey Rose it's Carrie. What's the book called? Awesome craft idea, any other books that you can recommend? I need help in this area.
thanks