Thursday, February 08, 2007

Silly Boys

I got all sorts of nice comments from other moms on my previous post (Little Gamers). However, I got all sorts of silly posts from the guys. To answer Josh or Tim, or whoever else was trying to make fun of me....Desi and I came up with more rewards for collecting tickets. The kids pooled their tickets today in order to rent a movie for tonight. Owen has been pumped to do extra jobs or "reading" to earn extra tickets. Here's the list we came up with to trade in tickets. Since we have 4 kids, it's hard for a child to get alone with a parent, so a lot of these involve one on one time with mommy or daddy. Silly boys, eat your heart out. Ladies, perhaps this will be helpful to another family out there!

Turn in 5 tickets for:
Walk alone with mom or dad
Half hour play time alone with mom or dad
Treat or small candy

Turn in 10 tickets for:
McDonald’s movie rental
Play a game alone with mom or dad
Bike ride alone with mom or dad
Trade in for $1

Turn in 15 tickets for:
Library trip alone with mom or dad
Friend spend the night
Donut trip
Ice cream trip
Stay up 30 minutes past bedtime

~Rose

8 comments:

kolorado said...

Send the kids up this weekend to tile our other bathroom, I will give each child.........4 tickets.
thanks,
j

kolorado said...

It is going to cost 3 tickets for a ride home though.

melissa said...

I think all of this is genius...though in the hands of some immature people it could get a little outta hand. Hope you and desi can handle it :)

they call me... tim said...

so your kids have to "pay" in order to spend time with their parents?

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

Good grief.

I like the idea that the kids get rewards for helping out! That's great!!

Starrs In Denver said...

Yeah Tim, we're so busy with our "own lives" that we hardly EVER spend time with our kids! They sure do go through withdrawls every week when I go to the grocery store by myself for an hour. I guess it's good they have some sort of leverage to get us to spend time with them!
Thanks for pointing that out Tim.
~Rose

they call me... tim said...

Ouch! ok ok... sorry for asking... sheesh...

melissa said...

i love online sarcasm.