Friday, February 16, 2007

OUCH!

Desi and I each had "a fall" this week. Monday morning as I was taking Levi down stairs I slipped and fell down about 4 steps...landing on my buns. It was completely terrifying. Thank You God that I was holding Levi in front of me (he was facing me) and not on my hip where I could have broken his leg. He was fine (just scared). Desi was gone and I yelled to Hope to come help me. She held Levi while I recovered (I was more scared than hurt, but it did hurt really bad). I'll spare you any pictures, but I have a really colorful (was dark purple, now is red) bruise on my rear end and a few on my right wrist and hand. Today is the first day I don't feel sore from it. Lesson learned: no socks without Crocks (my favorite house shoes) on the stairs!

Desi fell today on his scooter a block from Bruce's house. He was making a turn and ended up on some dirt and sand and the bike just slipped out from under him. I got this message (he borrowed someone's cell) that he had fallen and an ambulence had been called and to please get ahold of Bruce and "I think I'm ok". The paramedic checked Desi out, but he refused being taken to the hospital. When Bruce got to Desi, there was a fire engine, police car and paramedic there! He thought "Oh no...it's really bad!" Thankfully he is ok...but he's gonna have a nice colorful bruise on his hip/upper leg and he got a little road rash on his arm (see pics below). The scooter and his helmet got a few scratches and he'll need a new cell phone, but not too much damage. This really shook Desi up and he's just so thankful that it wasn't any worse. Needless to say, I am relieved as well!


Our brother from another mother -Micah also had "a fall" this week. Yesterday at work (parking attendant) he was running to get a car and slipped and cut up his hand. Since he doesn't have insurance and the company paid for it he went to the hospital to get it cleaned out. They glued it up and sent him home. He was laughing at going in for such a small injury and it reminded me of when Josh cut his hand back in CA and I had just given birth to Hope or Owen (can't remember). Once he got his hand bandaged, he came to see the new baby. Do you remember Josh?

Please pray for our safety and that we'd all recover quickly. Thanks!
~Rose

7 comments:

pdb3z said...

Is a three-wheel scooter a possibility?

Anonymous said...

like it was yesterday. it was hope.

Starrs In Denver said...

pablo,
piaggio actually now makes a 3 weel scooter with 2 wheels in the front and 1 in the back...but no. i'm gonna stick with 2 wheels and try to check myself before i wreck myself.
desi

at least i looked good with my bandana on and all.

melissa said...

I was about to say..who cares is desi is okay just check out how cool he looks with that bandanna on! If I ever wrecked on a scooter... i mean vespa i could only hope or dream to be found in such "cool" attire. Props to you desi for going down with style!

melissa said...

the above comment does not mean i do not feel badly that both of you guys got hurt...reeally glad everyone is okay and hope you are feeling well!

Starrs In Denver said...

Melissa, thanks for noticing the bandana. Desi was glad that someone noticed!

Josh, thanks for visiting when Hope was born. I have such a bad memory!

~Rose

beckwanda said...

starrs do their own stunts!
cool bandanas mean nothing on cracked skulls.
i hope grandma jan is not reading this...