Monday, July 09, 2007

Say A Little Prayer For Us...

If you don't mind, please say a little prayer for our kitchen project. Tonight as I gave our two little ones a bath I heard something horrible from my husband: "Water is leaking into the kitchen!"

BUMMER!!!!

It was a small leak. Desi called Dale our friend who is a plummer. Dale says "That's what happens when you start messing with these old houses." He came to look quick tonight and is sending his business partner to cut a hole in our bathroom wall tomorrow. Please pray that it's a little, inexpensive fix! Dale said perhaps it's leaking from the tub faucet or drain and if that is the case...easy fix. We'll see tomorrow. Pray for God's will and that we'll have good attitudes no matter what the outcome. This is all about trust!

Please also pray for me as I am getting sick. This is no time to be a sick momma, but God knows my situation and will provide strength in my time of need.

Desi and his dad are close to halfway through installing the floor. Our desire is to finish tomorrow morning and then start with the polyurathane coatings.
Thank you my friends!
~Rose

1John 5:14-15
"And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him."

4 comments:

Heather said...

Our prayers are with you! Old houses are so fun but they also come with little kinks that need to be worked out. Can't wait to see the new kitchen and all the work you guys have put into it!

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

I will pray- torn up house, dirt flying around, sick on top of it... it is like a horror story for moms!! I haven't checked your blog in a couple days and there are so many things to comment on... I LOVE the new sleeping bag and that Outdoor World store looks SO cool!! My fav pic was the one of Hope (is it Hope? I couldn't quite tell) modeling the sleeping bag on the floor with just her little head poking out!! Ha ha... I laughed. I can't wait to see (and I'm sure you can't either) what the kitchen looks like when you're finished. I think the chalkboard paint is a fabulous idea! I know this is kinda silly and a lot to post in a comment, but I was reading a Martha Stewart magazine in some doctors office and there was a whole article on how to make custom chalboard paint color- it doesn't have to be just black! Here's a link to the article:
http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=d47f3a6f5c470110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&autonomy_kw=chalkboard%20paint&rsc=ns2006_m1
You are in our prayers!

McNeill Family said...

Hence the quote at the top of my blog!!! Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly shouting, "Wow! What a ride! Thank You, Lord!" It seems there is always SOMETHING or SITUATIONS trying to wear us down!!!! Hang in there Rose! I will pray for you.

Anonymous said...

Praying for a quick recovery and quick identification and fix for the leak. If it makes you feel any better (in a misery loves company way), we put in a perennial garden and walking path this past week and the path won't drain. It floods (sigh).
Blessings,
~Toni~