Friday, July 13, 2007

Cherry Creek Arts Festival


Last Saturday I took Jan and our oldest three to the Cherry Creek Arts Festival. Boy was it hot! We had a great time though and I only wish we had more time to look at all the wonderful art. Thanks Grandma Jan for being a trooper and your help with the kids all week was INVALUABLE! Love you!
The next three pics are from the Australian Sway Pole dancers. This funky music played and they acted and danced to it on these tall bendable poles. It was mesmerizing to watch and made me want to try.



There was a large area for kids to do their own free art. We were there for close to an hour and the kids didn't want to leave. Next summer we'll stay longer.
~Rose

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time! Des had fun working with Desi and he also lost 5 pounds!! I had a great time being with the kids and guess what---I gained 5 pounds!!! I ate too many root and tootie fresh and fruity pancakes, strawberry and whipped cream smiley faces, and flowers (made of whipped cream, of course). If I had to do it over, I wouldn't change a thing. We all had fun!

Love,
Grandma Jan

McNeill Family said...

OOOOh that looks like fun! You seem to find a lot to do out there! Do you read the local paper or is there some other way to find out about what is going on? We have a lot going on in Austin and it seems like we always find out the day AFTER the event.

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

What fun- I remember doing something like that when I was probably Hope's age on a trip to Oregon. I bet they remember their visit forever!! The pole dancing thing looks crazy and lots of fun to watch!