Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Back Splash Time

This afternoon I started on the back splash. I had Levi on my back in the backpack for most of the install. I even cut tile with him on my back! He was a nice (but heavy) little tiling companion.
Notice our new outlet: I bought black and silver to match the kitchen decor. Our new sink is black and we are keeping the faucet (faucets are sooooooo expensive).

So after finishing the wall, we decided that we'd continue on the left side of the stove and follow the pattern of the whole 14 inches on the back wall and then just the 8 inches along the wall that faces the above right wall. Does that even make sense? Well, I'll take pics of course. I'll be finishing that tomorrow and then will grout the following day. These babies need a whole 24 hours to "cure" and once the grout is done, then we can seal it all in and get that sink back in! Yippeeeeeee!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet headband Rose!

Anonymous said...

It looks so beautiful. Great job you guys.

Grandpa Des

Anonymous said...

Your amazing Rose! That looks great!

McNeill Family said...

Rose,
You seem to be having fun at the same time!!!! Levi will be so proud of his involvement! It will be so much easier to clean than white!!!!!

melissa said...

impressive! A woman of many talents!

the Phamily said...

wow rose! A woman of many talents is right! It looks great!
becky

ALL GONE said...

I AM SO IMPRESSED WITH YALL, BUT WHATS NEW?! i DIG THE "BACK SPLASH" TILE, ITS SUPER FLY PRETTY :).

i THINK WE SHOULD LIVE NEAR EACH OTHER IN OLD AGE, BC YOUR GOING TO BE THE OLD LADY THAT KNOWS HOW TO FIX THINGS! OH, AND BC I LOVE U, THAT TOO. : ))))))

SO IRONICALLY, I GOT "NEW CABINETS" TOO. ADAM IS ON VACATION AND WAS PAINTING THIS LITTLE CABINET FOR ME, AND HE RANDOMLY SAID, YOU WANT ME TO PAINT AND FIX THE KITCHEN? YESYESYES

BUT WE STILL HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT HOW TO CHANGE THE COUNTER TOPS.....PERHAPS TODAYS PROJECT. AFTER THE NAVAJO FIASCO, I NEVA WANT TO PAINT AGAIN, SHE SAID AS SHE GRABBED THE DIRT, AND SWORE TO HERSELF.....
SO I DID NOT HELP HIM LOL!

Starrs In Denver said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words! You too could do this...I am no super-remodeling-hero! It's either have fun or cry that I still don't have a kitchen...FUN IT IS!!!!
~Rose

Anonymous said...

Ay yuy, that's beautiful. Wanna come over and do mine?
Blessings,
~Toni~

Toni said...

Just stopping by to see if I still love the kitchen. Yep, I fear I'm a coveting.
Blessings,
~Toni~