Sunday, June 03, 2007

Our New Library

As some of you may know, my mom is retiring from teaching this year. Friday was her last day of school. She has taught 2nd and 3rd grade for quite a few years and had accumulated quite the library. She offered to give us all the books we wanted. I was so excited…I love books you know. She gave me that white tower which stores quite a few books. I brought home 6 boxes of books and thankfully they all fit in the basement. The kids and I are so excited that we have our own library. Regular trips to the library during the school year just DO NOT happen. Those of you who have taken babies or toddlers to the library- you understand. So, now we have books that cover: math, science, art, history, biographies, chapter books, holidays, grammar and picture books. This was an amazing gift worth at least $1000 and I am so grateful. Thanks so much, mom! Since we set up the library, Hope has been reading multiple books a day either to herself or to her siblings.




WE LOVE BOOKS!!!!
~Rose
p.s. For those of you who have never visited (you should sometime)...the curtains are hiding all our storage. Our basement has 3 retaining walls that are about 4 feet deep and since we do not have a garage, this is where it all goes! Hey, it's not glamorous and is not "finished" but it works for us and we are thankful!

1 comment:

ALL GONE said...

THIS is to die for! I would have been twitchin as a kid. Your cave looks SO great. Cant wait to stay there. You have really transformed it. I am impressed. An organizers dream. MWAH

ps i want that library as an adult. Did u ever have the fantasy of the lib. room that has brown leather cracked couches, coffee bar, and the rolling ladder from floor to ceiling? AHHHH want to get lost in that room!