Tuesday, June 12, 2007

He Was Desperate For Business!

Yesterday I took the scooter out to check our church’s P.O. Box (Carrie who usually does it is on vacation). After going to the post office, I decided to ride down Colfax to Walgreens to see if they had addition flash cards. One goal of mine this summer is to spend regular time drilling Hope on her math facts. Wow, I remember summers when the kids were really young (and I only had a couple) where I had no idea how to fill the days…and here I am now feeling like I don’t have enough hours in the day to do all I desire- even in the summer! Point is, I want to enjoy each and every day that God gives me and not complain about anything! Easier said than done!

I scooted up Colfax only to hit a TON of traffic that was not moving. We were right near the capital and as far as I could see there were a few fire engines and other fire dept trucks, but nothing really seemed to be going on. I waited a few minutes and then realized this could take forever. As I looked around trying to find a way of escape, I realized I could just back up a tad and cross over the lane to my left and turn around. What fun riding a scooter! Everyone else in their cars were stuck!

I took the round about way and ended up in front of Walgreen’s. As I shut the engine off I heard a man’s voice ask if I could give him a ride. I was taken aback and asked, “Are you kidding?”

“Oh, no! I would love to go on ride with a fine looking lady like you!” was his response!

I laughed (he was a large guy…I doubt we’d even both fit!) and said, “I don’t think so!”

He then asked me if I had kids, I said yes. How many? I said four. Any boys? Yes, two. (Man, is this an interview or what?) He then hands me a card for his barber shop down the block and tells me to bring my boys and husband in for a hair cut.

Oh yeah, I will NOT, I repeat NOT be bringing any males I know into your shop…the flirting did not work! I’m the barber in our house!

Well, I took it as a compliment and thought, “Either he is desperate for business (yes) or I am better looking than I give myself credit for!” So funny!
~Rose

p.s. Last night Desi & Micah were talking on the porch and I thought...we need bug spray so we can sit out here and not get all bitten by those nasty mosquitos. I decided to take the scooter and run over to Safeway to get some spray and dessert (It was ridiculosly hot still). As I hopped on, a couple on another scooter drove by and the guy asked if I wanted to race. Well, yes I did! I thought, just one block, it'll be fun! Well, God had other plans...as soon as we were ready to take off, my scooter died. It needed gas. Desi got it kick started but I had to go get gas and was not able to race. Oh, well!

6 comments:

ALL GONE said...

U:m, yeah, U R MORE BEUTIFUL THAN U GIVE YOURSELF CREDIT FOR! U ALWAYS HAVE BEEN. ITS NOT ALL THAT OBSCURE THAT U WOULD GET HIT ON MISSY. AND AS FOR YOUR GHETTO SCOOTIN ADVENTURES: IM JEALOUS. :(
HOWEVER, A LITTLE BLACK LADY TRIED TO SCAM ME IN WALMART THE OTHER DAY. DOES THAT COUNT? LOL
U HAVE THE BEST STORIES.

melissa said...

You are a hottie, own it!

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

New meaning to the term "hot mama". ;) Yessssss!

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL! Now Rose, you know I was already cracking up over the fact that you actually *wanted* to race. But then the gas ran out. LOL. ROFLOL!!!!!!! Now that's funny.
Blessings,
~Toni~

McNeill Family said...

It still feels good though to know you've still got it doesn't it!!!! No matter who the hitter was!!!! Very, very funny scooter stories!!!! I do not want to hear about bugs or ridiculously hot!!!!!! Our bugs are all hopped up on steroids or something!!!

Sean H said...

I love your story! Some girls would be scared, but you were tough and confident. You go girl!