Thursday, March 15, 2007

Blogger problems?

Is anyone else having trouble uploading photos to blogger? Just curious. I don't like not being able to post pics!

So, I am still excercising. I am up to 30 minutes M-F. If it works out, I'd like to do a second 30 minutes some afternoons...maybe 2 days a week if possible. I've worked up to 20 girl push ups and 50 stomach crunches in various forms. It's the eating less that is SO HARD! I'm still nursing Levi quite a bit and I'm just hungry pretty much all the time. I'm really tring to force myself to fill up on filling foods like apples, carrot sticks and the like...but darn it all I want is junk food! I have been good about fast food...really avoiding it...making sure I am home for meals...not tempted to eat out (which saves money and calories). Dinners have included salads and veggies. This summer dinners will consist of mainly salads, which I love to eat, just don't really like preparing them, which is sillly, since they are so easy to make!

This week I cleaned out Owen's closet (mainly filled with toys) and moved the toy bin shelf thingy (ya know, the one with four shelves, and 12 multi-colored/sized bins). I know Melissa blogged about her pantry...so I'm blogging about Owen's room. It feels so good to conqure a space that was bothering me! I brought out the toy shelf and moved this old (grandpa Dave made it for me as a little girl) bench seat (with storage for all our little stuffed animals-the big ones mysteriously dissapear) into the closet. I went through everything and had piles: 1-Keep, 2-throw out and 3-donate. Once we were sorted we put everything to keep back in the bins. Hint-if you moms do this with your kids around and they ask about that box (donate) tell them you are moving those toys. I got rid of 2 large boxes of toys and clothes and they didn't even notice! Owen's room is clean, inviting and organized. All three kids have enjoyed discovering "new" toys that had been unseen in that dimly lit closet, and better yet, have spent time playing upstairs. My job now is to stay on top of them to put things away once they are done! So, here's a little encouragment to those of you who have a room to conquer...go for it! Ask for help if necessary and just do it. It feels so good to purge, clean and organize :)

Psalm 39
4 “O Lord, make me know my end
and what is the measure of my days;
let me know how fleeting I am!
5 Behold, you have made my days a few handbreadths,
and my lifetime is as nothing before you.
Surely all mankind stands as a mere breath! Selah

7 “And now, O Lord, for what do I wait?
My hope is in you.
8 Deliver me from all my transgressions.
Do not make me the scorn of the fool!

A friend of mine (Thank you Denise) encouraged me recently to take joy in the journey of motherhood. No matter what stage of life God has us in, I think it's so important to remember how short life really is and it's up to us to make it a bit easier if our attitudes are Godly...trusting in His providence.
~Rose

6 comments:

McNeill Family said...

Thank you for not mentioning my melt down a few days later!!!! Hee Hee! Great job on the organizing and exercise! Oh and remember at the end of the year I was having an upload problem I finally had to uninstall and reinstall! Email picasa before you do that.

Anonymous said...

Hey Rose - the clinicians at Scripps are teaching us to eat protien at every meal and eat all the protien first. It is working David and I can't believe what a difference it makes. Also, we don't drink anything at meals (30 min. before and 1 hr after) which can be extremely challenging, but it works too. the liquid can strech your stomach as you eat and cause you to be more hungry. But you have to drink lots of water during the rest of the day! Way to go on the excercising!! Since you posted that blog I have added an extra prayer time for ya, it while i am on the tread mill every morning. Yike, this am was at 4:15AM. I feel your pain girl!! love ya, sharee

Starrs In Denver said...

Yeah, wish I had an extra $60 laying around each month! Ha Ha! For now, I guess I'll have to lay off the liquids around meal times and start with the protiens...thanks Sharee :) Good on ya getting up so early for the treadmill! Miss you guys!
~Rose

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

Way to stick with it, Rose. Summer is coming- along with it all those glorious summer fruits like peaches and nectarines and apricots and cherries- I know having some of those in the house will make it easier to avoid the yuck stuff. Do you guys ever go to a local farmer's market? Seeing all that fresh stuff always makes me want to eat more fruits and veg. The kids might like seeing it. I know you can find them online, but I don't remember the site. I'm sure you're bound to have one that maybe isn't open yet, but will be open soon.
It is impossible, isn't it? It is like a battle of the wills... as soon as I tell myself no more junk, that is all I really want!! :)

melissa said...

well, everyone has their own tricks to try to avoid the bad food and eat the good food...i am a sugar junkie so the only thing that has helped me crave (not force down the bad stuff) is to clean out the sugar.. My trick is just trying as much as possible to eat food the way God made it to be eaten, not bleached, processed, enriched, sugar filled. My sister and i have been doing the sugar buster book (not so much a diet but more a plan to get you eating as god intended) and I have been amazed at how much I crave healthy food and veggies now (truly a miracle:) And i eat as much as i want when I want...now i sound like an infomercial :) It took a while for me to detox and start wanting to eat the good stuff so hang in there! i have not even craved chocolate for 2 months now!?! And i feel sooo good now...that alone has encouraged me when i start to regress.
Good job on the closet clean out...it feels good to accomplish something that shows at the end of the day...i was rather dissapointed at the lack of pics showing us your achievement :)
ps
i too hate to make salads! Why i don't know but i'm right there with you on that!

Starrs In Denver said...

Thanks Melissa! I worked out this evening to catch up since I missed this am and feel sooo good. It's just that sugar. Yes, I am a sugar junkie too. I'll have to look that sugar buster book up at the library. Good thing (as Kameron shared) summer is coming with all it's glorious fruits (so sweet as God intended). Thanks for the encouragment!
~Rose