Wednesday, October 04, 2006

BUMMER!

On the way home from the maze (see post below) we broke down! BUMMER! I was driving, Desi was reading, going down HWY 85 South and all of a sudden the van slowed way down really fast (like I put my foot on the break). I quickly made my way to the right side of the road (all the while the van is making HORRIBLE noises). We pull over, Desi looked under the hood and noticed smoke and a bad smell coming from under the back of the van. After a few minutes, I called AAA and then my dad. We waited and waited, ate a package of graham crackers (I try to keep one in the car) changed diapers, fed Levi, sang songs and laughed. What can you do? Thankfully Martin the tow truck driver agreed to drop the van off at our mechanic (so we could just go home) and waited with us till dad arrived (by that time it was dark).

Our rescuer, my dad, took us to McDonald's for a 7:45pm dinner. That was the kid's favorite part of our night!

Hopefully the van is not too messed up, but God knows and He'll provide...He already has.
~Rose

1 comment:

Aaron Calles said...

Wah...wuh...

bummer! Maybe you could sell it and get another McDonald's meal out of it. Ha!