Thursday, August 23, 2007

APC -Outreach & Tree Chop

Have you ever used a chain saw? Well, I hadn't so when the opportunity knocked I answered happily! You know, power tools are pretty cool. I can see why men get addicted to them :)

Carrie needed a dead tree chopped down and instead of paying some tree guy, Micah and a few of the guys said they could do it. I love it when the Body of Christ steps us to help each other. So, I told the kids Tuesday morning, let's make sure we get school done early so we can go get 7Eleven slurpees and watch the guys chop down a tree at Miss Carrie's house. Home school is so great! They were so excited and even helped bundle up all the branches. Click here to see all the wonderful photos.



Last Saturday we joined up with Faith EFC to do a Back To School BBQ/Outreach in Curtis Park. It was a great time to get connected with the neighborhood again (we did VBS there in June). The kiddos were happy to get school supplies and backpacks, play games and grab a hot dog or two. We had great fellowship and connected with some of the parents too. Praise God for a great day! Click here to see all the photos.
~Rose

2 comments:

beckwanda said...

Yeah, Rose!
I used to work in the tool corral at the Home Depot- I highly recommend the hole hog next time! It's so fun and tends to put a quizzical look on any onlooking gentleman's face while I was using it...
Chain saws are fun, too! Wow, now I really want to come out for a visit- Todd doesn't let me use power tools around here...
Love,
B

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

Woohoohoo!! That totally looks like tons of fun! How cool to be able to help out a friend in need. God is indeed good.