Saturday, September 02, 2006

"Helpers" in the Kitchen

It was Owen's day* and he was "helping" me with dinner preprations. The girls came in and they just HAD to help too! We had fun and they loved wearing the aprons.



~Rose
*We have a wipe-off calendar in the kitchen. I mark the kids initials on each day- H, O, E, so they know who's "day" it is. On your day, you get to get in/out of the car first, have the desired cup/bowl, seat, ect... If I need help cleaning something up or unloading the dishwasher, that kid has to help me as well. It has worked pretty well for our kids and even Emma gets it which helps us experience less whining :)

2 comments:

Starrs In Denver said...

I got the idea from my dear friend the LORD!

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

Ooooh, I LOVE this idea... and dinner looks good too! ;)