Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Do You Know Your Neighbors?

About a week and a half ago, we gave out fudge and invites to our neighbors to come watch the football game and meet other neighbors. We handed out about 12 invites and had 7 people come, 3 of which we met for the first time! Three neighbors called to say thanks, but they were sick and one couple that were in the middle of car problems and could not come. I prayed that God would bring the people He wanted to and that we'd be able to connect with them. God is so good- He totally answered my prayers. Two gals, one with a 6 month old and one with a 2 year old, thanked me for doing this and could not believe that they lived on the same street for two years and had just met! Turns out they both work from home on Wednesdays...can we say playgroup? Pepper's brother John came and she called me to tell me she had a sinus infection and didn't feel good. She told me to keep my kids away from John, cuz he had a sinus infection too and he shouldn't get close to them! She told me that she hoped we were gonna stay a long time (not move), cuz we were the best neighbors and she loves us! It's amazing how a few little things, small acts of kindnesses can make such an impact on others. Our other neighbors who's garage backs up to our backyard, had a friend meet them here and Tanko introduced Desi as the best neighbor ever. Desi has helped him out with a few things, and it's made the biggest impact. This is not to toot my own horn. I am not prone to meeting new people. I'd rather just stay home and am not really comfortable doing things like this, but I know that this is part of what God has called Desi and I to do, so prayerfully and sometimes fearfully, I reach out. I encourage you to do the same in your neighborhood! Well, I am rambling now, but had to share this "won't you be my neighbor?" story with you. Thanks to all who pray for us here in Denver. We are blessed and can feel the love!
~Rose

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea to invite the neighbors in. I hardly know my neighbors, I wish I had the courage to do the same. (p.s. The blogger doesn't work for me unless I choose "anonymous.")

Grandma Jan

Anonymous said...

You are the light of the World, a City on a Hill cannot be hidden!!!

Jesus ate with sinners and if he had a TV I bet he would have watched football with them too because He did not look at them as sinners but rather as people! People not projects, this builds relationships not just converts! You guys have it so right!

Yikes, I can't post my name either.....Denise (McNeill family)

Anonymous said...

god bless america, land that i love