Tuesday, November 14, 2006

It Finally Died!

Those of you who know us well know that Emma is totally addicted to her pacifier. We're planning on going out to So Cal for Christmas this year and I really REALLY didn't want to worry about losing an Emma paci on the trip. Besides that, her paci's (she has 2 or 3) are gross...just old and gross. About a week ago I secretly snipped each paci with scissors to create a "break". Emma noticed right away and I said, "Oh, how sad! Your pacis are breaking! I guess you are getting too old for them! You know, when a little girl grows up to be a big girl, her paci's break...so you must be a big girl now!" Today she had one in her mouth and the nipple broke all the way off! I was so glad it happened :) She said she wanted a new paci, and I told her new pacis are for babies. She accepted that and went on to play. At nap time, she wanted her paci and I told her she could hold the ring but we didn't have any pacis for her. She had to be put to bed twice and shown her baby pictures to convince her that she was a big girl. She kept saying, "No, I a little girl!" She finally went to bed and took a great nap. Thank you Lord! Now we just have to get through bed time tonight!
~Rose

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how long you guys gonna be in socal?

Starrs In Denver said...

the 25th (late) to the 4th...will we see you?