Sunday, January 22, 2006

Stock Show Rodeo

We live about a mile from where the annual Western Stock Show is held every January. This year was the 100th anniversary-can you believe it?! I have wanted to go to a rodeo for a loooong time and we thought this year was as good as any. The Rodeo was not cheap, but well worth it. We were all amazed! This is a different culture indeed! I think I want to be a cowgirl now!
BIG STEER!

Calf ropeing (is that spelled right?)

This guy cracked a whip, rode all over the arena, chased the buffalo around and got up on his trailer and stood up on his horses' saddle-all with only ONE arm! I'd say his part was worth the price of admission alone!


My favorite part by far, was the bronco and bull riders-that's tough-and crazy! We couldn't get a good pic-it was at the other end of the arena. The mutton-busting was fun too-we saw it last summer at the Colorado State fair as well. Who came up with that idea: Lets put a helmet and knee and elbow pads on our 3-6 year olds, pop 'em on top of a full grown sheep and see how long they can hold on while the sheep runs to it's herd! It's pretty amazing to see these little kids hold on for dear life! Well, I am hooked on rodeos and if you ever have an extra ticket, I'll be glad to take it off your hands! ~Rose

No comments: