Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Spiders!

Ok, so I don't like spiders, they scare me big time. But...I can't not look at them when I find one...I get curious, what kind is it? THe kids and I were enjoying the backyard and as I was feeding Levi I glanced at the fence and saw a rather large egg sac and spider. Turns out it was a black widow. I got brave and sprayed it with ant spray (while holding Levi). We watched her dance around and die and then I squished her. We tried to open her egg sac, but ended up just squishing it. The kids wanted to know what baby black widows look like so I went to the great world wide web to get more info. I found this GREAT site where people send in photos they took of spiders in their homes, yards, ect and this guy identifies them. I should have taken a pic. The kids and I spent quite awhile looking at all the photos and going, "ooohhh, wow, that's crazy!" If you have time and are curious, it's a great site. Caution, the brown recluse spider bite pics are graphic!
www.spiderzrule.com
~Rose

2 comments:

they call me... tim said...

Aaarrrrggghhhh!!!!

Brad said...

I would like to say that I really don't appreciate your link to the spiders. Of course curiosity got the best of me. I went to the link. As soon as I began looking at the pictures I felt the top of my head. I was sure something was crawling on me. Nope....just me freaking out! I will not be showing my daughter this site, because she will love it. I am already paranoid as it is about spiders crawling on the girls at night.
By the way cute picts of the boy. Can't believe how big he's getting.
Carrie