Thursday, August 03, 2006

A couple funny stories...

Yesterday afternoon, I got to go meet Aimee Dokes at the coffee shop down the street for about an hour. Upon leaving, I put Levi in the stroller, to which he replied with mad fury and frustration...he wanted to be held! So, I am saying goodbye to Aimee and this old, shirtless, toothless, very dirty but happy homeless man comes walking up. He had heard Levi crying (screaming) and wanted to take a look. Well, I guess he couldn't help himself because before I knew it, this man was touching Levi all over...stroked his arms, cheeks, head and before I could say anything leaned over and kissed Levi on the cheek! I was dumbfounded, but proceed to pull the stroller gently away and say "thank you" to this guy. He had a big smile on his face and continued on his way. Wouldn't you know it, when I looked back at Levi, he had stopped crying (red-faced screaming) and was totally calm! He was happy the whole walk home! At first I was a bit horrified at the thought of this guy touching and kissing my baby, but I quickly realized that Levi is really God's baby and if kissing my baby made that poor guy happy for a moment, than so be it. Maybe he was an angel in disguise sent to calm Levi down, who really knows!

It's finally cooled down (praise God in heaven!) so we decided to eat lunch in the backyard today. I was getting food ready and overheard Owen and Emma squabbling. Owen steps into the kitchen moments later, "Emma wants to tell on me, but can I tell on her first?" "Sure" I say. Without telling me anything, Owen proceeds to run back outside and I hear, "Emma, I told on you first! Ha Ha Ha!" They just don't get this telling on you thing, and I am not gonna help them out with it! Life with little ones is never boring!
~Rose

No comments: