Wednesday, August 23, 2006

10 Commandments In Ebonics

Friends of ours in CA sent this to us awhile back. We think you might enjoy it. -Desi and Rose
1.* I'm God. Don't play me.* (I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any other gods before me.)
2.* Don't be makin no hood ornaments and charms outta me, or like me.* (Thou shalt not have any graven images)
3. *Don't be callin' me for no reason.* (Thou shalt not use the name of the Lord thy God in vain)
4. *Y'all betta be in church on Sunday, and not just the Sundays when it's Mother's day, Easter and Christmas* (Remember to keep the Sabbath day holy)
5. *Don't dis or cuss out yo momma...and if you know who ya daddy is, don't dis him neither.* (Honor thy father and thy mother)
6. *Don 't be goin' on no drive bys.* (Thou shalt not kill)
7. *Stick to ya own Boo.* (Thou shalt not commit adultery)
8. *Don't be borrow'n stuff and don't give it back.* (Thou shalt not steal)
9. *Don't be snitchin' on the otha' man to save your behind.* (Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy brother)
10. *Don't be eyein' (skeeming) yo homie's crib, ride, woman, or nuffin.* (Thou shalt not covet anything that belongs to thy brother).

No comments: