Friday, January 04, 2008

Spite and Malice

I was talking to my friend Sharee recently and we got on the subject of card games. She talked about how she grew up playing different games and then mentioned Spite and Malice which triggered an "Oh my gosh!" from me. I used to play that game with my Grandma Nina a lot. It was one of my favorites. I told Sharee I'd Google it to see if I could find the rules. I found them easily and taught Desi last night. We played 4 games! If you like card games, this is a really fun one for two people. Check out the rules here.

I am amazed at how fast the week has gone and how sore I am again from water aerobics. I'm still working on a few projects:
  • Clean out Desi's clothes
  • Thank You Notes
  • APC accounting
  • Blog about Schaffner visit (slide show)
  • Salvation army load dropped off
  • New glasses (got a coupon though!)
I did get quite a bit done though:
  • Sledding :)
  • Thank you notes painted by kids
  • Christmas Away (including outdoor lights)
  • Exercise 3 times this week (4 if you count sledding)
  • Clean & organized girl's room and closet
  • Clean & organized boy's room and closet and hide out
  • Organized and re-arranged basement
  • Blogging ;D
  • Personal accounting
  • Clean & Organized my closet
The basement has a large donate pile and our upstairs hallway is FILLED with stuff to donate. It's awful how much unneeded stuff we have just filling in spaces. I am glad to be able to purge and get rid of things we are not using or have grown out of. Speaking of grown out of, I found a box of 18-24 month boy clothes and wouldn't you know it...there were snow pants and a nice winter coat in Levi's size! No more Tigger costume to stay warm in the snow. I got rid of a TON of clothes that I won't wear anymore, but found a cute pair of jeans that were previously too small that I fit into now! Hooray!

Now for a game of Uno Spin before the kids are off to bed.
~Rose

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing. ~Phyllis Diller

Children are unpredictable. You never know what inconsistency they're going to catch you in next. ~Franklin P. Jones

You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing. What! Is it nothing to be happy? Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long? Never in his life will he be so busy again. ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Emile, 1762

1 comment:

Alison said...

Way to go on keeping up with the exercise even through all of the holiday goodies and events. I am working on cleaning things out and organizing too. I guess it comes with the New Year!