Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A Recommended Recipe

We got two packages from Desi's Uncle for Christmas. They were filled with wonderful gifts for all of us from Neil and Peggy. The books are wonderful...there's one that is the Polar Express where you shine a flash light through it in a dark room and it shines a picture on the wall. Very unique books that we are all enjoying. Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness Neil and Peggy!

One book was a cook book and Neil recommended a recipe on page 27. Here's a scan of it.
If you cannot read it it says:
ELEPHANT STEW ALA ELLIE DORR
1 elephant (medium)
salt and pepper
brown gravy
2 rabbits (optional)

Cut the elephant into bite-size pieces. This should only take about 2 months. Add enough brown gravy to cover. Cook over kerosene fire about 4 weeks at 465 degrees. Makes 3,800 servings. (To extend it, add the rabbits, but do this only if necessary, as most persons do not like to find hare in their stew.)

Ha ha ha!
~Rose

2 comments:

melissa said...

Dear Rose,
I love long comments and will now leave you one :) I too wish you all were close, I know Desi could help us with a festivus party and we could have the kiddos playing together. Yes blogging is therapeutic. Troy thinks it is still a little odd but I love the outlet it gives me to record thoughts and memories. Pictures too! I can tell it brings you a lot of joy which is why you are so good at it. I think we are most passionate and good at the things that bring joy and peace to our lives. Photography does this for me and it feels like such a gift from Him to experience joy in creating...I imagine this is why He is passionate about us, his creation and children, who bring Him great joy.
I've been wondering what is to be done when space runs out on these blogs..is it your picasa web photo space or actual space on your blogger account? I know you can buy space from picase web, but BOO, who wants to pay for that!
I reeellly like that lemon photo, I see great things in regards to photography in your future. Maybe you should start another blog that features some of your best photos with more of an emphaisis on your art. It would be a way to show off your stuff and we could both have blogs (aside from our personal) that blog about photography.

Unknown said...

HAHAHA! What a great recipe! If only elephant were easier to come by, but I don't have time to go to the specialty foods store these days. If I can't get it at Kroger, forget it!