Sunday, November 27, 2005

Black Friday at Lowe's

OK, so I had decided to not go anywhere on the biggest shopping day of the year, but the radio advertisment for Lowe's got me! We have had a 3ft pre-lit christmas tree for the past 6 years and last year it began dying. We have wanted a taller tree, but they are sooooooooo expensive! Well, Lowe's was selling a 6ft pre-lit tree for $25 Friday only, while supplies last of course. I awoke with Owen and Hope, got them breakfast and was on the road by 7:45. I got my bargain and was back home quickly. We had to set up the tree right away, and the box seemed more exciting than the tree until we plugged the tree in.

We told the kids that we'd decorate it as soon as it snows, or December 1st whatever comes first! The kids ate dinner on the floor next to the tree that night!

FYI: I guess it's called Black Friday because it's a make it or break it day financially for a lot of retail businesses. I learn something new every day!
~Rose Starr

1 comment:

Brad said...

Black Friday - A lot of retail stores are in the "red" (still not profiting) until this day. This is the day many stores go from unprofitable to profitable (red to black).